Friday, March 20, 2015

A complaint

This is turning out to be such a productive day at the desk for the blog! Normally I don't like to post more than once on the same day, but I have to tell you that a man came to the desk and said "I would like to lodge a complaint."


His complaint was that The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was not a sufficiently thick book. It's a short story, but he thought it would be long because there is a feature-length film based on it.


I told him I would pass that on to the proper authorities and he said "Good. If you find a solution, let me know."


He was joking and he made me laugh, but I bet he doesn't know that some patrons would make this kind of complaint and be dead serious.



2 comments:

  1. Hee hee. I'm glad he didn't ask you who the proper authorities were. (When in doubt, though, say "The Library of Congress.")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's an excellent default reply. I'm going to remember that one!

      Delete