Thursday, October 19, 2017

Back home in adult services

A program presenter doesn’t show up, hasn’t called. I try to prep to fill in for her in case any kids come, but I can’t figure out WTF to do with the supplies I’ve been provided.
 
Adorable kid wants to help me shelve books.
 
Do you have any Ever After high books?
 
A kid wants me to watch him jump over the castle he built out of the blocks in the children’s area.
 
Teach a lady how to type. She says—I’m gonna get my husband to come down here so you can teach him too!
 
For some reason the fairly lame craft I put out today is a huge hit, and we run out of the pre-cut snake heads and tails I made for paper chain snakes. Huh.
 
Can you show us how to print?
 
I want to get on a computer, x10, even though you don’t have to tell me! You can just do it.
 
Oh crap, what are our Sunday hours? I haven’t memorized them yet!

Someone making a resume for the first time is able to work independently for roughly 90 seconds, i.e. the exact amount of time it takes me to return to the reference desk and reopen whatever thing I was working on before he last asked me for help.

ESL instructor stops by: I have a student who insists on attending a higher level class than she is capable of doing. Can you please tell her she needs to stop coming to my class and start going to Level 1!?

Y'all got a movie sent here for me. Where do I get it?

The kid leaping over blocks inevitably trips and lands on the blocks and cries. I'm not feeling super-sad about not being the children's librarian anymore.

The ESL teacher can’t figure out Google Docs, which she’s supposed to use to enter our attendance.
 


The same Halloween decoration has fallen down like 8 times. If it falls down again I'm going to throw it in the trash and claim I have no clue what happened to it.


2 comments:

  1. "The same Halloween decoration has fallen down like 8 times. If it falls down again I'm going to throw it in the trash and claim I have no clue what happened to it." --that's some high quality problem solving right there

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, they say variety is the spice of life. They don't say whether it's the cinnamon or the anise seeds though.

    ReplyDelete