Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The last straw

My most laid-back coworker (the one who gave me a Sandra Boynton board book about dinosaurs when I was having a stressful day) comes from a long career in food service so he's seen it all and normally doesn't bat an eye when patrons are awful to him or to the library. However, today he was walking across the parking lot to his car after a long shift and spotted a half-empty bottle of Coca Cola sitting by itself in an empty parking space. He walked over, seemed to take a deep breath, clenched his fists, looked up at the sky, and shouted "Motherf*****! People are animals!" before picking it up and stomping over to the dumpster to fling it inside.

6 comments:

  1. when we're stuck cleaning up something awful in the library one of my coworkers says "People! They are the WORST!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a sign by our book return saying Please take everything out of your materials, including due date slips, so in the parking lot--due date slips

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love this one! It never fails to crack me up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! It's a regular occurrence, sadly.

      Delete