Saturday, April 20, 2019

Good (well, decent) Friday patrons

I'm not even supposed to be on the desk this hour. I came out to talk to a crabby patron who wanted to dispute a fine and then got trapped. The patron is mad because we charged her for extensive highlighting and underlining--the book was so bad when it was returned that we took pictures and then withdrew it on the spot. She keeps saying "But you have the book! How are you still charging me if I gave the book back!?"

Are you going to be closed tomorrow?

Can I ask you a wishy-washy question? What do you personally think the phrase "capture the narrative" means?

Kids: We found the Easter eggs you hid. Don’t worry, we hid ‘em again in new spots.

I wanna return these 10 movies, then I'm gonna get 10 more.

How do I print, x3.

How do I get on a computer, x10.

How old do you have to be to get a library card? Can I sign my sister up for one or does my mom have to come?

Can you help me request these books? I wanted the whole series but I only got two because the computer didn’t like me.

Is it possible for me to use a phone anywhere around here?!

A kid has an AMAZING tantrum when her mom won’t let her use the computer. I hand her a board book and she stops just long enough for me to get my hopes up that I'm secretly the Toddler Whisperer, then lets out an eardrum-shattering scream.

Oh, gotta go. I think I just spotted our security guard walking Not a Service Dog past the front door. Boundaries, SG! Boundaries!

2 comments:

  1. we had a woman make the same argument about returning a book which had obviously been dropped in a puddle or a very, very dirty bath. "But here's the book, I didn't lose it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that pause before a toddler screams...

    ReplyDelete