Thursday, February 27, 2020

Every time you think you've seen it all

One of my least favorite parts of my job is checking the public bathrooms. I try really hard to visit and tidy both the men's and women's at least once every day. I've found toilet paper messes, graffiti, drug paraphernalia, and small floods, but until earlier this week, never had I found the top of the soap dispenser pried open and something barely visible submerged in the cheap pearly pink soap.

I got the tweezers out of our first aid kit to try to pry it out, just in case it was something awful, but the tweezers weren't quite big enough to grab it. A male colleague who is more blase than I am about touching things in the public bathrooms ("It's submerged in soap, I'm sure it's fine") stuck his fingers in there and, as soon as they brushed the object, confidently proclaimed: "This is a crummy disposable shaving razor. I know them well from my teenage years."

He was correct, although he and I couldn't agree on whether the razor was dropped into the soap by accident while someone was shaving, or if it was deliberately hidden/stored there for future use.

4 comments:

  1. your coworker is very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the bright side, better than toilet plunging? I hate that the worst

    ReplyDelete
  3. considering what we've found hiding on shelves, probably for some patron's future use, I vote for hidden

    ReplyDelete