Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Open for your phone calls

This is a delayed post. We've all been sent home, but there was about a week where the library was closed to the public but staff were coming to work. We mostly worked on collection projects, cleaning, training, etc., but we were answering phones during open hours. Here's what people wanted to know:

Are you open? When are you going to be open again?

Is tax help still happening this week? What about next week?

I'm not going to come pick up my holds. Can you guys hold on to them a little bit longer or will I lose my place in line? 

I've been self-isolating at home and I cleaned out my house. I have a lot of books to donate. Can I bring them in? What if I just put them in the book return slot?

If I come sit by the front door and use your wifi, will you call the police?

Can I email you something to print, and you print it, and then I come to the door and you just hand it to me really quick?


2 comments:

  1. That's pretty much the calls we got too, "When will you be open again?" and according to one of my co-irkers "Could you just do one-on-one storytime and my kids and I will sit 6 feet away?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. Goodness. That is a new low! Seriously, people!?

      Delete