Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mail it!

Today a young man/teenager (maybe 19ish?) came to ask me: "Can you help me? What do I write on this? I want to mail it to myself, but I've never mailed anything before."


I thought this was going to be a challenge, because he brought me one of these 'interdepartmental delivery' envelopes common in office settings (who knows where he got it):









He was all ready to fill out date, 'deliver to,' etc. Fortunately, a simple Google image search for "usps how to address envelope" solved our problems:

I would marvel that a grown person doesn't know how to address a letter, but I used the internet to show him how, so I believe that's known technically as a 'pot and kettle' situation.

3 comments:

  1. did you give him a different envelope?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, just a piece of scratch paper he could write his address on and tape onto it. We're a low-budget outfit.

      Delete