Saturday, January 7, 2017

It will help you

Highlights of my first #SaturdayLibrarian day at West Side Branch:


My friend who is a clerk at Downtown and was also sent here during the construction reports that Mr. Timmons told her to let him know if anyone down here was giving her trouble and he would take care of it.


Someone wants to read A Short Account of the Destruction of the Indies just for his own edification.


Fist-bumped by a stranger whose friend I helped upload his resume to a job application--patron of the week!


Bodybuilder Lady waves happily to me! Our librarian-patron relationship started off on a very bad foot so I am still excited that we are friends now (I had to say, "I can't help you when you are raising your voice at me").


Help out circ for 15 minutes and don't screw anything up!


I help two young women find a memoir. I hand it to the one who asked me for it and she hands it to her friend and says "Read this. It will help you with your messed up life."


Overall...


4 comments:

  1. Love the pie chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to keep my Excel skills sharp.

      Delete
  2. What was the memoir about?

    ReplyDelete