Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tired Tuesday

Is the election here? times 5. No, sorry.

Is tax help here? times 5. No, sorry, it's just across the parking lot.

Can I use a study room? (I don't know. Can you?)

Help people navigate our user-unfriendly computer reservation system. I hate it more than I hate any other technology except for the website of the local housing authority.

My poor coworker who is ethnically Hispanic but not a Spanish-speaker gets accosted by a Spanish speaker, my Anglo self has to rescue her to everyone's embarrassment and confusion.

Do you fax?

Do you have citizenship classes here? Well, do you know of anywhere I can take them?

Our HVAC is acting up. Better put in a request for our facilities people to investigate.

Lots of matching sets of people--the two Jehovah's Witnesses in their smart-but-dorky outfits, a family of four kids in school uniforms, a couple who comes in all the time and you regularly see person 2 wearing the shirt person 1 was wearing last week, etc.

ESL teacher wants to know who is going to sub for him when he is out next week!?

Today's broken technologies: Microsoft Outlook, 1 of our 3 staff PCs that aren't at a 
service desk.

I need some books about white voodoo. (Clarification reveals that this is voodoo used for good, not voodoo for/by white people.)

What happened to the school that used to be over there? Are you sure?

Can you help me access this driver's ed course online, times 5. These trends mystify me. I helped one or two people with this in 2017, and now it's two a week. What happened?!

Is it okay for us to leave these flyers here?

Check out people's DVDs to them, times 5.

Coworker: Emma, can you pick up the phone? It's espaƱol. 

Excuse me, do you have a bathroom?

Do you have any books about psychology?

Someone checks out an 'amazing insects!' book from a display I made. Yessssss.

2 comments:

  1. It's days like that when if someone actually has a real reference question I have to work not to hug them

    ReplyDelete
  2. let us know if you find any good white voodoo for libraries.......

    ReplyDelete