Thursday, June 7, 2018

In disguise

I wish I were better at telling how old kids are, because I think it would have helped me a lot this morning.

Two little girls came in with their mom. I would have guessed they were 5 years old. They had the following interaction with one of my coworkers:

Little girls: What's your name?
Coworker: My name is Alma. What are your names?
Girls: Elmo!?
Coworker: Um, no...
Girls: Wow! Why are you in a costume!?

Then they hugged her, then they ran away. I can't tell if they were trolling or if they really thought she was somehow associated with Elmo.

5 comments:

  1. did they say why AREN'T you in a costume or why ARE you in a costume? So confusing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. The whole thing pretty went over my head.

      Delete
  2. I'm good with kids ages b/c I have my own 3, but kids are just random, we'll never know what's in their busy brains

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think 5 year olds troll adults??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked a 12-year-old for her thoughts on the interaction, and she speculated that they were older than I thought and were trolling me. But she's 12, so she may ALSO have been trolling me. I wish I had someone I could trust!

      Delete