Thursday, May 24, 2018

Talking trash

Today it was again my turn to pick up trash around the library grounds. I did not find any cereal, but I did find:

  • 32 cigarette butts
  • An empty bottle of motor oil, which I'm sure has nothing to do with the auto repair shops on either side of us
  • The label for a can of fat-free refried beans
  • (Presumably) a can of refried beans, about 5 yards away from the above label
  • Two of my nemesis' daily cigarillo packets, since no one picked up the trash yesterday
  • A long lock from someone's extension, or so I like to think.
  • The largest bottle of Smirnoff I've ever seen outside a liquor store (empty)



8 comments:

  1. I hope you're wearing gloves for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yes! Actually, we have one of those pincher things, too.

      Delete
  2. is trash in everyone's job description?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. We have a page who does it on the days she is here, but she's part-time, so we do it the other half.

      Delete
  3. do people stand around and smoke in your parking lot all day or did someone clean their car ashtray by dumping everything out there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the former, and I think they do it in the mornings before the library opens. I am working on trying to convince the city's facilities department that they should give us a smoker's pole.

      Delete
  4. do they at least give you gloves for picking up the trash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. I kind of don't want to know what fraction of our supply budget they take up, actually.

      Delete