Thursday, July 19, 2018

Self help

I finally got access to some decent analytical tools for the collection, so I can belatedly present:The most popular Dewey numbers at Mystery Library!

You'll notice they have more of a theme than at other libraries where I have worked.

1. 248 How to get your sh*t together, from an explicitly Christian perspective
2. 158 How to get your sh*t together, from an implicitly Christian perspective
3. 650 How to get your sh*t together by getting a job
4. 332 How to get your sh*t together by managing your money
5. 305 How to get your sh*t together as a black person 
6. 921 How other people got their sh*t together and you can too
7. 364 True crime--what will obviously happen to you if you don't get your sh*t together


Welcome to the (cowboy)bootstrap society, y'all.

7 comments:

  1. are the books any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a hard question! Depends on the reader, I think. Well, for most of them. Some are just trash and I'm getting rid of them as fast as possible. You know I love to weed!

      Delete
  2. Everyone loves true crime at this library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a perennial hit. If I were starting a public library and I only had like $1,000 to buy books, I think I'd buy 2 bibles (for when someone inevitably steals the first one), and then the rest of the money would go 1/3 James Patterson, 1/3 Danielle Steel, 1/3 True Crime.

      Delete
    2. LOL!! So many stolen Bibles!

      Delete
  3. Where would How To Get Your Shit Together So YOu Can Commit True Crimes go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent question. I'm afraid you'll need to ask a cataloger, as I am bout a lowly public librarian who got her MLS in the post-rigor days.

      Delete