Monday, March 17, 2014

Best questions

I've been looking through the archives recently (it's been slow at work) and thought I would do a 'best of' for questions I have gotten at the desk, some which have already appeared on this blog and some which are new.

In the good category:

Most Difficult: How many pools are there in Texas?

Privacy Awareness Award:I downloaded a program onto this computer and now I don’t know how to make it go away. Can you help me?

Not an Answer we Provide: Why would someone make a video imitating Psy?

Directness Award: We need help. We want to save my powerpoint onto a flash drive but we don’t know how.


And in the un-good category:
 
Ultimate No Award: Do you have a manuscript of Beowulf?
 
Captain Obvious Award: Which library card do I use, the one for this city or the one for [neighboring city]?
 
Incorrect Premise Award: Do you have any information about postpartum depression? You know, PTSD?

Most Mysterious: Is your Genealogy department planning any trips to Utah soon?


1 comment:

  1. the more reference work one does, the more one appreciates the beauty of a direct question.

    ReplyDelete