Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Supplies update, adorable kids

A not-so-secret admirer sent me a few pairs of amazing scissors in response to my last post. I have always been annoyed by coworkers who were territorial about 'their' office supplies in the library, but when I brought a pair of my glorious new scissors to work, intending to put them in one of the drawers at the reference desk, I just couldn't do it and put them in my own desk drawer instead.

In other good news, I have seen a lot of cute children at the library lately. At Downtown Library I was hugged by a small boy who then followed me around so insistently that even though I was supposed to be doing 'roving reference' that hour I eventually had to go and hide behind the desk. He did pick out some excellent picture books for me to put on display, though. If I had a kid I think I would bring him or her in to help me with children's displays all the time. Apparently at Small Town Library an enthusiastic six-year-old outlined a fully-formed library program on dinosaurs that the Youth department now really wants to put on, so clearly kids are qualified for this.

Also at Small Town Library, I followed a dad and his two kids on their way out of the library as I was leaving at the end of my shift and eavesdropped on the following conversation:
Dad, to older daughter: What do you want to have for dinner?
Daughter: Pizza!
Dad: Well, then it's your lucky day!
Daughter: Why?
Dad: Because you're buying us all pizza for dinner today!
Daughter: Okay!

1 comment: