Friday, April 28, 2017

My first outreach event

Today I went to a resource fair at a senior housing complex to talk up the library. When I wasn't talking to people I was eavesdropping on the interactions at the nearby booths. The poor woman to my right had her hand in a cast and was having to answer "How did you hurt your arm?" over and over. She had broken up a fight between two dogs. She told this to one visitor and he immediately replied "Was it two Chihuahuas fighting over a taco?"


People are weird.

2 comments:

  1. ?? did he explain??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I told my sister and she said it sounds like the first half of a probably-objectionable joke. When I asked her to suggest a second half, she offered "What do you call two chihuahuas fighting over a taco? A typical Monday night."

      Delete