We got new public computers--hooray! But they have tons of problems--boo! The most ridiculous one is some communication error between the network they are on and the software that manages logging in. The software works, except that instead of labelling the fields the patron must fill out to log on to a computer, each field is instead filled with the text "String Not Found." So the login screen basically looks like the image below, which I found at http://img.thedailywtf.com/images/12/q4/e37/pic05.png.
The layout is the same as it has always been, but the explanatory text is missing.This means that users who actually READ the instructions are confused, where as those who just make assumptions and never read anything are unaffected. Considering that 90% of my work is reading aloud directions to people who fail to read directions, I find that a little bit funny. Today I got to meet a lot of the patrons who I know by sight but have never needed help before.