Thursday, July 28, 2016

Yeshua Ben Elohim

This evening, a patron came off the elevator and marched right over to me and asked "Do you know who Yeshua Ben Elohim is?" I said that I recognized the name, but didn't know much about it. The patron replied, "Well, after I go to the bathroom I need to talk to you."


Thinking that she had a research question about this person, I did some searching while she was gone and found that it's a Hebrew phrase that was used by some religious text to talk about Jesus. It sounds like it's some controversial thing and there is a Protestant sect  or something who is up in arms about some stuff in the Old Testament that they think has to do with it. I don't know, I'm not well-informed on these matters. I was a little apprehensive about her coming back because everything I found seemed to take a side--there wasn't much neutral/informational material out there about the topic. But I was ready to try to find out whatever it was that she wanted to know.


Anyway, she came back and this conversation ensued:
Patron: You were supposed to be looking up stuff about Yeshua Ben Elohim!
Me (showing her one of the pages I had open): I was. What did you want to know about him?
Patron: No, I want you to know about him.
Me: Well, that's not really...
Patron: What's your religion?
Me: I'm actually not allowed...
Patron: Are you Catholic? Do you go to church?
Me: I'm actually not allowed to talk about religion...
Patron: Are you Catholic? You're Catholic, aren't you?
Me: I'm actually not allowed to talk about religion or politics at work.
Patron: I know you're Catholic.
Me: Is there any information I can give you about him? How can I help you?
Patron: You're already helping me. I am him. Tell the people at your church. [Pointing at my coworker] And tell her!

2 comments:

  1. No, no, no, and also NO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post, enjoyed this one regards for posting.

    ReplyDelete