Sunday, January 13, 2019

Honesty not the most effective policy

Patron: I want to make a complaint! She [points at staff member] was extremely rude to me on the phone! I told her that I wanted blah blah blah...then she said blah blah blah...then I screamed at her...
Me: Sorry, what? Did you just say you screamed at her?
Patron: Well, yes, I screamed at her. She upset me!
Me: Sir, you can't talk to the library staff like that. I'm afraid you need to leave the library for today. You can come back tomorrow after you have had a chance to calm down.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an abusive spouse--you made me hit you

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it's refreshing to have a patron give their side of a story with some honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how refreshing to have a patron who tells what actually happened instead of some fairy tale with them as the hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind of. On the other hand, I've never had anyone defend their blatant abuse of staff so openly.

      Delete
    2. but at least I wouldn't have that tiny little doubt about who's version to believe

      Delete