Monday, February 18, 2019

Even faster than I thought

A very generous relative sent me a gift card to an office supply store to buy stuff for Walnut Bluff. We had a program this Saturday that I knew was going to be big, and we only have custodial service Monday-Friday, once a day, and it's just not enough to keep our bathrooms non-gross on busy days. Our biggest problems are that the little trash cans overflow with paper towels and right now, because of our HVAC troubles, ventilation isn't very good. So I spent some of the gift card money on cans of spray air freshener and boxes of tissues (figuring people might be using bulky paper towels to blow their noses), and put one of each in both the men's and women's bathrooms.

The office supply store sold both tissues and air freshener in big office-sized multipacks, and a little starry-eyed part of me was like "These aren't very expensive. Maybe people won't steal them very often and I can actually make this a permanent thing!"

I put the tissues and air freshener out at about 10 a.m. on Saturday. At 4:00 p.m. Sunday, I specifically went to look at see what was still there. Only one of the four items remained. I told a coworker, who rolled her eyes and said "This is why we can't have nice things!"

1 comment: