Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Dog in the library (again)

I was working at the front desk at one of the branches last week. This branch has a long lobby/breezeway thing between the front doors and the 'real' library entrance. The desk is sort of around the corner so you can't see the exterior doors.

 Since I am a sub at this branch, they usually put me on the desk with someone experienced, but today one of the shelvers sat down at the other desk and said "Hi, not to worry you, but this is literally my second shift on desk. Will you help me if I get in over my head?"

 So of course, this was the day a patron came and told us that "A giant dog is coming in and out of the front doors of the library. He doesn't seem aggressive, but he's making people nervous to come in."

 The sweet-seeming Great Pyrenees was Gone When Police (or rather Animal Control) arrived.

1 comment:

  1. I'd rather have a large dog at my library than many of my patrons

    ReplyDelete